Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Buddhas and Dewing


I found this image online. It is a painting by Thomas Dewing. It is a bit unusual for him, but I thought it was just so lovely, I had to share. One of my favorite things to do in the morning is come in to the studio with a hot cup of coffee, read for about 30 minutes, and look online to find new images by artists I enjoy. Sometimes I get a little carried away, and, three cups of coffee later, I'm jittery at the easel and questioning my skills......
But oh well. I love beautiful images.
And coffee, apparently. I don't think coffee companies realize quite how much money they make off of "starving" artists. We may not eat, but we damn well love caffeine......there are even moments in the winter time when I actually tuck myself into bed with the thought of the next mornings' cup.
Sick, really.
Then I ask myself why the color brown keeps popping up in my paintings.
Drat.
Sorry for the silly post. A friend once told me the wisest of all the images of the Buddha was the Laughing Buddha. Hopefully you are full of wisdom this morning. Or at least pity on my lack of tact.....

No comments: