Friday, August 15, 2008

My studio

I am lucky to come in and paint every day for a living. I am also lucky to have such a wonderful space to work in. Today, I thought I would share photos.
But don't be mistaken... when I moved into this space, there were two layers of poop-green carpet, and under those, two layers of tile from the 1930's. Oh, and oil-based glue. But under all of this, was the beautiful, original terrazzo floors that adorn many parts of this building. Scrubbing glue off of "temple" floors never felt so good....

So here it is. I've put away many recent paintings to dry away from my clutziness.. What is on the wall is the work I did in Italy a number of years ago. Oh, and I left out the 32 empty coffee cups on the desk behind me.......
Have a great weekend, all.

1 comment:

shopsmart said...

Saw your post about that grant for painting 9 portraits. I also saw you cropped one of them. Look, there's Waldo in the lower right corner! ;)