Friday, October 10, 2008

Portrait Society Of America

I thought I would introduce people who are not familiar with the Portrait Society of America, ( http://www.portraitsociety.org/ ) a wonderful organization chaired by Gordon Wetmore. Gordon works in a studio in the same building as my own. Over the past two years, I have gotten to know him and the PSA, and have been constantly impressed at the generosity of both.
The reason for my writing on this subject is that today and tomorrow, I will be volunteering and posing for a workshop and demonstration through the PSA. Tonight, Michael Del Priore will be giving a demo in front of a group of painters and students at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga. Tomorrow, Michele Anderson, Michael, and Gordon will be giving a workshop on portrait painting.
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big advocate of getting involved in organizations that support artistic/career/ educutional growth. If you have a chance, check out the website.

No comments: