Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Helpful links

Hi, everyone! 

Lately, i have been spending some time really thinking about ways to beat this lull in the economy and keep myself busy. I thought I would share some great websites and books which are proving fun and helpful (and, at the very least, entertaining) in this slump. 
Enjoy!

 This website rocks!!!! For anyone looking for fabulous business cards with unusual sizes and good color, check out this London-based company. They are cost friendly, have a lot of quirkiness, and the website is one of the easiest I have seen to manage. Leave it to those Brits. 

Free websites. You can even purchase a website without the "weebly" attached to it, or go in and change your existing website to a weebly site. I have not done my own personal website with it yet, but I have an account for my Faces Of Chattanooga project. Truly for those people looking for an easy way to upload images for free and without the computer know-how.

Art Renewal center. A great website to look up classical artists from their "Museum' and get high-quality images. 

I'm a sucker for daily quotes, especially by Churchill and Rumi. This is a fun website (not terrible useful, per say, but fun nonetheless)

Please just visit the Onion when you are down. It is so, so funny. 

Books:
I was recommended the book " How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist" by my friends Hank and Lilani. This book gives good tips on marketing and how to set up everything from your mailing list to the size of invitations for galleries. Very helpful. One of the good things about a slow economy is being able to catch up on reading and studying. 

Also, a book I think every artist should read, "The Nude" by Kenneth Clark. Seriously. Any one can get into this writing. 

And for a little Eastern thinking, i am currently re-reading "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse.  A short read that stays with you. 


Ok! Enjoy!!! That should keep some of us busy for a while. 

No comments: