Sunday, May 10, 2009

beware

Hello, all. I don't know what is in the air... although I have had a wonderful week, I also have had some weird stuff happen. My FaceBook account was hacked, and the phishing site that did it was sending all of my friends spam. And they were very obviously not too appreciative about it, understandably.
But today sucks. I ate a bad mussel last night.
I don't know if any of you have been put through eating one, but I DO NOT recommend it...
I woke up at 2am with an extremely sharp pain in my stomach. 3 hours of projectile vomit later, and my mom is picking me off the floor from almost blacking out. I didn't know this, but mussels are not like getting normal food poisoning. The marine bacteria that makes you sick actually affects you neurologically as well. I had tingly hands and my legs feel like I have the worst case of restless leg syndrome imaginable. Plus my lower back is totally inflamed.
Fun, huh?
I'm totally writing as a way to pity myself today...
So lesson learned... if you have a second thought about eating a mussel, DON'T DO IT!

No comments: