Saturday, May 23, 2009

Calling all Chattanoogans

Hey, everyone!
I wanted to extend the invitation to sit for a portrait for me... I have asked all of my friends and anyone else who lives in Chattanooga if they would like to donate one hour to posing. I already have ten people for next week!! In addition to painting in cafes and shopfronts I also want to invite people to my studio. Basically, I paint a portrait of you, I keep the portrait until my exhibit "The Faces of Chattanooga" when I will have a separate section called Sketches of Chattanooga. Once the exhibit is over, I will give everyone who would like their portraits back to them.
What do you think? Got an hour? I can't promise the results, but it is a fun experience, and I think this opens up a portrait of this city much more. You should see my studio... I primed 36 pieces of watercolor paper yesterday! I'll post a pic later today... it looks hilarious!
So please tell anyone you know. My email is listed on this blog. It's a win-win situation, as long as I get the portrait to look roughly human ;)
I'm doing a lot of portraits in my studio this week, then next week I'm going to go to the Community Kitchen and set up shop. After that I will be out of town for a fun trip up north for my sis' birthday...
Ok, thanks everyone!

No comments: