Friday, May 22, 2009

Veronique a.k.a Bad Ass


My sister, Veronique, is seriously one of the coolest chicks I have ever known. AND, she is my sis!!! I kind of followed her around yesterday..... her and her fellow Chattarati staff all went to Petunia's Silver Jalapeno for lunch to try the fish tacos. They were SUPERB!!! Please, please go there.... Petunia is amazing, and the tacos were out of this world. Veronique sort of leads Summer of Taco, and she is absolutely hilarious in her irony and wit about it all. 
Then, last night, Veronique also read some of her poetry at an invitational reading at Rock Point Books on Broad street. She was the last of 7 poets,  and by far the youngest that was asked to read. I was so proud of her. Her poetry, especially her poems about the rooms in a house, are really subtle. I think that is what I like so much about her writing..... it always has a lot of imagery, but the sounds of the words together, along with the underlying meaning, are all somewhat under the radar. You have to really savor her work. Like a painting you can come back to over and over again, but the initial feeling is obviously strong. I'm a big fan, and I truly hope she gets to write more often and make a living off of it. My poor parents....  they are stuck with a painter and a poet. Guess they are not retiring anytime soon:)

No comments: