Friday, June 12, 2009

Family

I'm very thankful for my family. I have been consistently reminded of how lucky I am to have them. This morning I had a bit of a hard moment, and my little sister was right there to pick me up where I had fallen. My parents are absolute gold to me. I don't usually tell them enough, either.  Tomorrow is my mom's birthday, and I came across this video recently. I think there are a lot of ways to hear this song.... Bono is singing to himself in the voice of his own father, or singing to his own son, or maybe even God (whatever you may believe) singing to us. 
I've sent this to several friends who are going through hard times. It's a good song to remember to sing to yourself sometimes. I picture both of my parents singing this to me. (except the part about fighting.... we really don't fight). 
Please enjoy.


1 comment:

shopsmart said...

"GOLD like the sun, which melts wax, but hardens clay, expands great souls."
Antoine Rivarol, 1753-1801,
French Journalist, Epigrammatist


Next I would like to request Sunday Bloody Sunday. =)