Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Workshops



Hello! Welcome to my blog, for those of you who don't know me and were sent here for class details.

I will be teaching a series of oil painting and drawing workshops this summer. These classes are for every skill level. 
The classes will be held in my studio, located at 8th and Market streets, in downtown Chattanooga.
The classes will focus on painting a portrait in 3 hour sessions. A demo will be painted at the beginning of each class to show techniques in color, values, proportions, and edge quality. 
These classes are designed for students looking to advance their techniques in painting from life. All three sessions (one per month) will focus on different aspects of painting and drawing, so I recommend  taking full advantage of working from life monthly. 
The above example is one I did of Jim Pfitzer in one hour. Posted throughout this blog are images of sketches I have working on that are examples of the technique I will be teaching.  
I will be posting a supply list for oil painting, but students are welcomes to use other mediums including pastels, acrylics, watercolors, and charcoal. 
If you are interested in enrolling in a class (or all three!), please email me at miamiekko@yahoo.com. 


Workshop dates and times:
All classes are on saturdays from 9am-5pm, with a one-hour lunch break. 

July 18th
August 15th
September 12th

Classes are $100 each, or $250 for all three.  
Students are responsible for bringing their own supplies, including easels. 

Thanks so much, and I look forward to seeing you!
Mia

No comments: